Terms and Conditions
- The Competition shall be conducted under the following Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions must be read with the “Details for Competition” applicable to the competition number you are participating in, as published on the Competitions page.
- By participating in the Competition, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition is run as a Trade Promotion Lottery under the Gaming and Wagering Commission Act 1987 (Western Australia) and Schedule 5 of the Gaming and Wagering Commission Regulations 1988 (Western Australia).
- The Competition is being conducted by Kofukan Karate Australia Inc. (“KKA”, “we”, “our” or “us”). We are a not-for-profit incorporated association (ABN: 25 379 207 205, IARN: A1042044F, PO Box 396 Kwinana WA 6966).
- The purpose of the Competition is to incentivize (1) recycling through Containers for Change and (2) donations to KKA to support its goals and objectives. KKA’s goals and objectives are consistent with our status as a not-for-profit organization and our Rules of Association, and include purchase of equipment, venue hire, and subsidising participation in events and competitions for our members.
- Participation in the Competition is free, but to enter you must return eligible containers to a Western Australian Containers for Change refund point and direct the refund to us as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition will be conducted in a fair and transparent manner, with each Entry having an equal chance of winning.
Eligibility and How to Enter
- To be eligible to participate in the Competition, you must:
- Be at least 12 years of age;
- Reside in Australia and have an Australian bank account;
- Not be in breach of these Terms and Conditions; and
- Not be excluded from the Competition for any reason decided by us and communicated to you before the Draw Date or Redraw Date (if applicable).
- To claim an Entry in the Competition, you must:
- Return 100 or more eligible containers1 to a Western Australian Containers for Change refund point after the Start Date and before the Close Date;
- Direct your refund to KKAs Containers for Change account2;
- Keep a copy of your Containers for Change transaction receipt3; and
- Complete all required fields on the entry form on the KKA website4 before the Close Date.
- On completing the entry form, you will receive an automated email acknowledging your Entry into the Competition.
- The time of the Entry is deemed to be the time the Entry is received by us.
- The number of Entries is not limited for each participant, subject to Entry availability.
- The Competition will be drawn on the Draw Date at the Draw Location in the presence of no less than three (3) members of the KKA Management Committee and three (3) other unrelated persons. Members of the public may attend and witness the draw.
- The method of the draw will be as follows: Entries will be randomly allocated a number from 1 to 200. A number will be randomly drawn, and the corresponding Entry announced as the Winning Entry. Number allocation and draw may use an electronic number generator or be by physical lottery draw.
- Within seven (7) days, the participant with the Winning Entry will be notified by email and phone and published on the KKA website at: https://kofukankarateaustralia.com/competitions. We may also publish the results on social media.
- The participant with the Winning Entry claims the Prize by providing us with their bank account details for payment of the Prize. We will make payment of the Prize by electronic funds transfer within 14 days.
- If the participant with the Winning Entry is found ineligible or the Prize is not claimed within three (3) calendar months from the Draw Date, we will schedule a redraw to be held on the Redraw Date at the Redraw Location. The method of the redraw will be the same as the original draw. We may determine that an uncontactable original Winning Entry holder is no longer eligible and exclude their Entries from the redraw.
- Records of the Competition will be kept for 12 months.
Validity of Entries and Disclaimers
- We may, at any time up until the Draw Date, check the validity of Entries. If your Entry is found to be invalid, we will inform you by email.
- You understand and acknowledge that the Competition is a bonus benefit for choosing to direct your Containers for Change refund to us as a donation. Unless required by law or in exceptional circumstances approved by the KKA Management Committee, you are not entitled to a refund or repayment of your donation for any reason. This includes donations:
- Made by mistake;
- Above the required 100 containers;
- That resulted in an invalid entry, for example returns of less than 100 containers, or returns before the Start Date or after the Close Date; or
- Made where no Entries are available to claim.
- We shall not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, ineligible or illegible Entries (including lost, stolen, forged, defaced, or damaged proof of Entry). This provision applies even if a Winning Entry has already been publicly announced.
- It is your responsibility to make sure the details you provide on the entry form are accurate. You agree to release us for any liability, loss, or damage, in connection with incorrect information or non-communication of Winning Entry, or your failure to keep your contact details updated and accurate.
- You are responsible for any and all expenses that you incur in entering the Competition, including any cost for you to access the internet and return the containers to a Containers for Change refund point.
- KKAs decision on the validity of an Entry or eligibility of a participant is final.
- You acknowledge and agree that we will not be liable for anything associated with your use of Containers for Change services, including, but not limited to, error with Containers for Change website or systems, lost or undelivered receipts, or the acts or omissions of any person.
- We accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a Prize.
- By entering the Competition, you release and indemnify us from and against all actions, penalties, liabilities, claims or demands that you may have against us or that we may incur for any loss or damage which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of entering or participating in the Competition or winning or failing to win a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders our ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, hacking, natural disasters, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, our obligations in respect of the Competition will be suspended for the duration of the event, subject to any decision of the Gaming and Wagering Commission of Western Australia.
- The Competition cannot be cancelled or withdrawn without the approval of the Gaming and Wagering Commission of Western Australia.
- The Competition will not be cancelled or withdrawn, and no refund provided, for minor error or omission or events outside KKAs control which do not affect the overall integrity of the Competition and fair draw process.
- If you hold the Winning Entry, you give us your consent to publish your name and suburb on our website and social media.
- We will not use your personal information for any purpose other than the Competition and your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties.