Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make sure my entry is done correctly?
- Make sure you have 100 eligible containers to return to a Western Australian Containers for Change refund point. For eligible containers, see the Containers for Change website: https://www.containersforchange.com.au/wa/container-eligibility. For refund point locations, go to https://www.containersforchange.com.au/wa/where-to-return
- Before you return your containers it is a good idea to check that there are still Entries available in the Competition. You can see how many entries have been claimed on the Competitions page.
- When you return your containers to a refund point, make sure the refund is going as a donation to Kofukan Karate Australia. You can do this in two ways: (1) if you have a member number (scheme ID) with Containers for Change, you can set your payment method to a donation to Kofukan Karate Australia through your online account; or (2) send your donation directly to Kofukan Karate Australia by using our Containers for Change number C10943021. More information in the FAQ below.
- Keep your receipt. If you use your Containers for Change member number, you will receive an email receipt. The Invoice ID on your receipt is required to enter the Competition.
- Complete the Entry Form on the Competitions page before the Competition close date.
How do I make sure my container refund goes to Kofukan Karate Australia?
To direct a container refund to us, there are two methods:
- If you have a member number (scheme ID) with Containers for Change, login in to your account. In the Account menu, go to Payment Method. Select the “A Good Cause” option. Use the search to find Kofukan Karate Australia. Click on Kofukan Karate Australia and check the box that says “Set as my charity”. Click the Done button at the bottom of the page. Under the A Good Cause option, select the check the box that says “Make this my preferred payment method”. Click the Done button at the bottom of the page. Using your member number ensures you get a receipt by email which makes it easier to transfer the Invoice ID to the entry form.
- If you do not have a member number with Containers for Change, you can quote Kofukan Karate Australia’s member number (C10943021) at the refund point. You will receive a paper receipt.
For more information about how to do this, look on the FAQs page of the Containers for Change website under the topic “donating my containers”: https://www.containersforchange.com.au/wa/faq
Can anyone enter the competition?
Yes, if you are 12 years of age or older, and an Australian resident with an Australian bank account.
What if I return less than 100 containers?
Returns of less than 100 containers are not eligible for the Competition. If you enter the Competition, your entry will be found invalid. Your donation to Kofukan Karate Australia will not be reimbursed.
What if I return more than 100 containers?
Returns of 100 or more containers and directing the refund to Kofukan Karate Australia means you are eligible for one (1) entry in the Competition. Any amount over 100 containers will be taken as a donation. If you have more than 100 containers, we suggest you ask the staff at your refund point to separate your return into multiple transactions. For example, if you return 132 containers, you can ask for the refund for 100 containers to be directed to Kofukan Karate Australia through the member number, and for the remaining 32 containers refund to be paid to you in cash. If you returned 256 containers, ask the refund point to process 100 containers, then 100 containers, then 56 containers as separate transactions.
If I forget to direct my refund to Kofukan Karate Australia, can I buy an entry in the Competition?
No. To run as a Trade Promotion Lottery, we cannot take payment for an entry.
I have lost my receipt, what can I do?
If you use your own Containers for Change member number, your records will be in your online Containers for Change account and email. If you lost your paper receipt before placing an entry, there is nothing we can do. If you lost your receipt after placing an entry, we may be able to confirm your entry details without a receipt if you entered the Containers for Change Invoice ID correctly in the entry form.
I didn’t receive an email after I completed the entry form
Check your junk/spam folders first. If you did not receive an email, contact us at [email protected] and we can check if we have the correct email address for you.